Terms and Conditions
About the Website
Welcome to http://lawyersforpeace.org.au/ ('Website').
This Website promotes a world of sustainable peace, justice and equality through education and advocacy of the Rule of Law.
The Website is operated by Lawyers For Peace Incorporated (No. A0107559J).
Access to and use of the Website is provided by Lawyers For Peace. Please read these terms and conditions ('Terms') carefully. By using, browsing and/or reading the Website, this signifies that you have read, understood and agree to be bound by the Terms. If you do not agree with the Terms, you must cease usage of the Website immediately.
Lawyers For Peace reserves the right to review and change any of the Terms by updating this page at its sole discretion. When Lawyers For Peace updates the Terms, it will use reasonable endeavours to provide you with notice of updates to the Terms. Any changes to the Terms take immediate effect from the date of their publication. Before you continue, we recommend you keep a copy of the Terms for your records.
Acceptance of the Terms
You accept the Terms by remaining on the Website. You may also accept the Terms by clicking to accept or agree to the Terms where this option is made available to you by Lawyers For Peace in the user interface.
Copyright and Intellectual Property
The Website, the content and all of the related products of Lawyers For Peace are subject to copyright. The material on the Website is protected by copyright under the laws of Australia and through international treaties. Unless otherwise indicated, all rights (including copyright) in the content and compilation of the Website (including but not limited to text, graphics, logos, button icons, video images, audio clips, Website, code, scripts, design elements and interactive features) or the content are owned or controlled for these purposes, and are reserved by Lawyers For Peace or its contributors.
All trademarks, service marks and trade names are owned, registered and/or licensed by Lawyers For Peace, who grants to you a worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free, revocable license whilst you are a Member to:
- use the Website pursuant to the Terms;
- copy and store the Website and the material contained in the Website in your device's cache memory; and
- print pages from the Website for your own personal and non-commercial use.
Lawyers For Peace does not grant you any other rights whatsoever in relation to the Website or the content. All other rights are expressly reserved by Lawyers For Peace.
Lawyers For Peace retains all rights, title and interest in and to the Website and all related content. Nothing you do on or in relation to the Website will transfer any:
- business name, trading name, domain name, trade mark, industrial design, patent, registered design or copyright, or
- a right to use or exploit a business name, trading name, domain name, trade mark or industrial design, or
- a thing, system or process that is the subject of a patent, registered design or copyright (or an adaptation or modification of such a thing, system or process), to you.
You may not, without the prior written permission of Lawyers For Peace and the permission of any other relevant rights owners: broadcast, republish, upload to a third party, transmit, post, distribute, show or play in public, adapt or change in any way the content or third party content for any purpose, unless otherwise provided by these Terms. This prohibition does not extend to materials on the Website, which are freely available for re-use or are in the public domain.
Nothing in the Terms limits or excludes any guarantees, warranties, representations or conditions implied or imposed by law, including the Australian Consumer Law (or any liability under them) which by law may not be limited or excluded.
Subject to this clause 5, and to the extent permitted by law:
- all terms, guarantees, warranties, representations or conditions which are not expressly stated in the Terms are excluded; and
- Lawyers For Peace will not be liable for any special, indirect or consequential loss or damage (unless such loss or damage is reasonably foreseeable resulting from our failure to meet an applicable Consumer Guarantee), loss of profit or opportunity, or damage to goodwill arising out of or in connection with the content or these Terms (including as a result of not being able to use the content or the late supply of the content), whether at common law, under contract, tort (including negligence), in equity, pursuant to statute or otherwise.
Use of the Website and the content is at your own risk. Everything on the Website and the content is provided to you "as is" and "as available" without warranty or condition of any kind. None of the affiliates, directors, officers, employees, agents, contributors and licensors of Lawyers For Peace make any express or implied representation or warranty about the content or any products or content (including the products or content of Lawyers For Peace) referred to on the Website. This includes (but is not restricted to) loss or damage you might suffer as a result of any of the following:
- failure of performance, error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, failure to correct defects, delay in operation or transmission, computer virus or other harmful component, loss of data, communication line failure, unlawful third party conduct, or theft, destruction, alteration or unauthorised access to records;
- the accuracy, suitability or currency of any information on the Website, the content, or any of its content related products (including third party material and advertisements on the Website);
- costs incurred as a result of you using the Website, the content or any of the products of Lawyers For Peace; and
- the content or operation in respect to links which are provided for your convenience.
Limitation of liability
Lawyers For Peace total liability arising out of or in connection with the content or these Terms, however arising, including under contract, tort (including negligence), in equity, under statute or otherwise, will not exceed the resupply of the content to you.
You expressly understand and agree that Lawyers For Peace, its affiliates, employees, agents, contributors and licensors shall not be liable to you for any direct, indirect, incidental, special consequential or exemplary damages which may be incurred by you, however caused and under any theory of liability. This shall include, but is not limited to, any loss of profit (whether incurred directly or indirectly), any loss of goodwill or business reputation and any other intangible loss.
You acknowledge and agree that Lawyers For Peace holds no liability for any direct, indirect, incidental, special consequential or exemplary damages which may be incurred by you as a result of providing your content to the Website.
Termination of Contract
If you want to terminate the Terms, you may do so by providing Lawyers For Peace with 14 days' notice of your intention to terminate by sending notice of your intention to terminate to Lawyers For Peace via the 'Contact Us' link on our homepage.
Lawyers For Peace may at any time, terminate the Terms with you if:
- you have breached any provision of the Terms or intend to breach any provision;
- Lawyers For Peace is required to do so by law;
- Lawyers For Peace is transitioning to no longer providing the Services to
- Members in the country in which you are resident or from which you use
- the service; or
- the provision of the Services to you by Lawyers For Peace, is in the
- opinion of Lawyers For Peace, no longer commercially viable.
Subject to local applicable laws, Lawyers For Peace reserves the right to discontinue or cancel your access at any time and may suspend or deny, in its sole discretion, your access to all or any portion of the Website or the Services without notice if you breach any provision of the Terms or any applicable law or if your conduct impacts Lawyers For Peace name or reputation or violates the rights of those of another party.
When the Terms come to an end, all of the legal rights, obligations and liabilities that you and Lawyers For Peace have benefitted from, been subject to (or which have accrued over time whilst the Terms have been in force) or which are expressed to continue indefinitely, shall be unaffected by this cessation, and the provisions of this clause shall continue to apply to such rights, obligations and liabilities indefinitely.
You agree to indemnify Lawyers For Peace, its affiliates, employees, agents, contributors, third party content providers and licensors from and against:
- all actions, suits, claims, demands, liabilities, costs, expenses, loss and damage (including legal fees on a full indemnity basis) incurred, suffered or arising out of or in connection with your content;
- any direct or indirect consequences of you accessing, using or transacting on the Website or attempts to do so; and/or
- any breach of the Terms.
If a dispute arises out of or relates to the Terms, either party may not commence any Tribunal or Court proceedings in relation to the dispute, unless the steps set out in the Lawyers For Peace grievance policy have been followed (except where urgent interlocutory relief is sought).